Mazda will soon release a crossover CX-50March 25, 2021
In 2023, the new Mazda CX-50 crossover should enter the market. It turns out to be a coupe-like version of the third generation CX-5. The Mazda CX-5 itself will switch to a rear-wheel drive platform and receive an in-line six-cylinder engine.
Information about the next generation CX-5 is not news: back in the fall of 2020 it became known that the third CX-5 will step into the premium segment – the car is being created on a new “large architecture” with a longitudinal motor and a rear-wheel drive “constitution”.
The CX-5 will share the platform with the next Mazda 6. The sedan is due out in 2022, the crossover in 2023.
The new information concerns the preparation of the Mazda CX-50. The relationship between the CX-5 and CX-50 is predicted to be roughly the same relationship as between the X3 and X4 in BMW’s lineup. Moreover, it is with these Bavarian cars that the competition is planned after the transition to the premium class.
A new family of in-line “six” is being developed for future Mazdas. Their characteristics were not disclosed. It is only known that three versions will be offered in parallel: gasoline (Skyactiv-G), diesel (Skyactiv-D) and gasoline with compression ignition (Skyactiv-X). It will not do without hybrid options.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km