Mazda will introduce a turbocharged Mazda 3 in AugustJune 26, 2020
The Japanese automaker has confirmed its intention to release a new version of its Mazda 3 hatchback with a turbocharged engine.
Mazda has published a teaser on Twitter that tells us the date of the debut of the turbocharged hatchback. So, the presentation should take place on August 7, 2020. The teaser video is labeled “Power comes to those who wait.” This text is important because the teaser does not provide any specific information.
It was previously reported that a turbocharged engine can receive both a sedan and a Mazda 3 hatchback. This is probably a 2.5-liter turbocharged unit from Mazda6, CX-5 and CX-9, which develops 250 hp. power. This would allow direct competition with the Volkswagen Golf GTI and Subaru WRX.
Recall that the last time a turbocharged Mazda 3 could be purchased back in 2013. Since then, the hatchback has “grown” and “matured”, becoming a beautiful sedan and hatchback, and in the process it acquired four-wheel drive. Unfortunately, the “charged” versions from Mazdaspeed never returned.
- BFGoodrich introduced special off-road wipers
- Watch the 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S set a speed record
- Tesla wants to accelerate the emergence of Semi trucks and is looking for specialists
- Paul Walker’s BMW M1 to be auctioned
- Ferrari unveils racing-inspired version of the 488 Pista