Mazda net profit fell 81% last fiscal yearMay 14, 2020
Mazda’s net profit in fiscal year 2019 (ended March 31, 2020) decreased by 81%, to 12.13 billion yen (approximately $ 113.3 million). This is confirmed by the automaker’s information circulated on Thursday, May 14.
Thus, the operating profit of the corporation in the previous fiscal year also decreased – by 47%, to the level of 43.6 billion yen ($ 407.4 million). At the same time, the automaker did not make forecasts regarding profit for the current financial year (it will end on March 31 of next year).
“Predicting financial results for this fiscal year is difficult due to the situation with coronavirus infection,” the corporation said in a statement.
Earlier this week, the Japanese company Toyota also published reporting information for the 2019 fiscal year. According to them, the automaker’s operating profit fell 1% to 2.44 billion yen ($ 22.8 billion), while net profit increased by 10.3% to 2.08 billion yen (19 , 4 billion dollars).
- New Land Rover broke down 269 km after purchase
- Honda to phase out petrol cars in Europe from 2022
- Porsche Design reveals laptop with carbon fiber cover
- Mercedes-AMG One will receive over 1,200 horsepower
- Lincoln will not compete with German brands