Mazda broke the record, which kept 26 yearsJanuary 29, 2019
The Japanese company broke the lap record on the Daytona International Speedway track. Success is achieved during the pre-qualification ahead of 24-Daytona endurance racing.
The racing prototype run by Olli Jarvis passed the distance of 5.73 km in 1: 33.685. For 26 years, this record belonged to Toyota. In 1993, it was installed by PJ Jones on the AAR Toyota Eagle Mk III GTP.
In fact, the Mazda race car went the distance even faster – in 1: 33.398 minutes, but this result was not taken into account because it was completed in the training race, and the results obtained during the qualifying race or races are taken into account.
- Lynk & Co presented the Zero concept
- Tesla shares fell after Elon Musk’s statement
- Several other Volkswagen employees accused of involvement in dieselgate
- Tesla’s network outage caused a stir among users around the world
- Rolls-Royce introduced a long wheelbase version of the Ghost