Mazda 6 will not receive updates until 2022February 22, 2020
A joint platform with Toyota will be used for the new generation of the business sedan.
Today, fresh information has appeared regarding the appearance of a new generation of the Mazda 6. Representatives of the Japanese company have confirmed that the car should not be expected before March 2022. The car will be based on the new Mazda-Toyota model platform, developed together with another Japanese brand. It is assumed that it will also form the basis of other brand new products. In particular, the new full-size Mazda CX-9 crossover should be developed on it, which will become the flagship in the model range of Mazda crossovers.
There was also information that the Japanese automaker was preparing to release a gran turismo coupe – it should be a continuation of the tradition of the Mazda RX-8, which was recently discontinued.
Work on the new platform is already underway. She should get rear-wheel drive and a longitudinal arrangement of the power plant. The design of the “cart” will allow the use of a wide range of power plants – in addition to gasoline engines, it will also be possible to install hybrid and fully electric power units.
- This heavily modified BMW i8 Roadster costs $ 140,000
- In Brazil, a warehouse of 96 Chevrolet cars from the 90s was found in one shed
- DAMD tuning studio unveils updated Daihatsu Taft with Land Rover Defender design
- Chevy, Ford and Toyota Prepare 3 Race Car Debuts for NASCAR
- Mercedes-Benz has started deliveries of the premium Actros Edition 2 truck