Mazda 3 Intelligent Braking System FailsDecember 26, 2019
The Japanese automaker will recall more than 35 thousand cars due to a malfunction in the software of the control system of the automatic braking system of the new model.
The press service of Mazda said that they faced the problem of incorrect programming of the intelligent braking system (SBS), which is able to completely stop the fourth model of the Mazda 3 for no reason. The system falsely detects objects in the vehicle’s path while driving and automatically uses the brakes.
The review will affect 35 390 cars 2019 and 2020 model year in the United States. The company noted that not a single accident or injury related to the problem was detected. If a defect occurs, the driver will certainly notice this: his car suddenly stops, and an alarm starts to sound, and a message is displayed on the warning screen in the car.
Some Reddit authors report that the system was activated while driving, when there was nothing around, and note that although it can be turned off, it turns on again every time you start the car. In some cases, a regular software update may help, but some machines with earlier build dates may need to replace devices.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles