Mayor Osaka is ready to take the street raceFebruary 23, 2019
The mayor of the Japanese city of Osaka, Hirofumi Yoshimura, hopes to hold a Formula 1 race on the artificial island of Yumshim, where the world exhibition EXPO-2025 will be held.
According to the plan, the island of Yumishima will become a large resort, including a network of casinos and hotels, which in Japan they want to make “the best in the world.” At a press conference on Thursday, the mayor said that when planning it will be taken into account its use for the Grand Prix.
“We would really like to implement the Osaka Grand Prix project,” Yoshimura said at a press conference. “We will attract investments from all over the world and realize what is impossible to imagine now. Yumeshima will be able to take the race on the street track. To do this, you can not use the usual asphalt pavement, which means we must build roads of better quality. ”
Osaka City Government will present a feasibility study for the next fiscal year starting in April.
- The new Seat Leon will be presented on January 28
- Rivian will collect electric SUVs for Ford and Lincoln
- BMW X7 gets full leather interior from Vilner
- Jeep will show a special version of Wrangler for extreme off-road
- Jeep and Suzuki may leave the car market in Europe