Maverick Vinales defeated opponents in qualifying for Qatar Grand PrixMarch 9, 2019
Maverick Vinales showed the best result in the night qualification of the first stage of MotoGP in Qatar. Rider Yamaha ahead of the closest pursuers Andrea Dovizioso and Marc Marquez by two tenths of a second, showing the time 1.53,546.
Mark Marquez was the only one who could compete with the Spaniard at the end of the session, but Honda’s rider got into a little traffic and drove around 1.53,745 – just 0.001 seconds slower than Dovizioso on Ducati.
The second row of the starting field will be taken by Jack Miller on Pramac Ducati, who fell in the second turn in the last third of the session, Fabio Quartarro on Petronas Yamaha and Cal Cratchlo on Honda LCR, who made his way with partner Takaaki Nakagami from the first segment.
Neither Jorge Lorenzo nor Valentino Rossi failed to overcome the first qualification segment. The Spaniard closer to the end of the session because of the fallen temperature of the roadway could not keep the bike in the second turn, in which Tito Rabat and Joan Zarco also “removed”. On Sunday, Rossi and Lorenzo on the starting grid will occupy the 14th and 15th places respectively.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station