Mark Coma: Dakar in South America has become obsoleteApril 24, 2019
Former sports director of the rally-marathon Dakar Mark Coma called it logical to move the rally-marathon from Latin America to Saudi Arabia in 2020.
“Dakar in South America has become obsolete. We were warmly welcomed there, but political problems have lately hampered the race at the highest level, ” – Coma told Motorsport-Total. – It would be romantic to return to Africa. But Africa is not ready for this yet.
Saudi Arabia with desert plains and mountains is a good fit. The road to the race from anywhere in Europe will take five to six hours. It will not be necessary to carry the equipment on the ferry for a week. This is a logical step.
- Two-storey motorhome announced in China
- Volkswagen begins deliveries of the new Taos to the USA
- BMW has announced a car with an innovative battery
- Stellantis presented four new platforms for electric cars
- McLaren sells its Woking headquarters for £ 170m