Marc Marquez at pole position at SilverstoneAugust 25, 2019
The current MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez won the qualification of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, winning the ninth pole in the 2019 season and the jubilee 60th in the premier class.
During training, the Spaniard was stably behind the Yamaha SRT rider Fabio Cuartararo. After the first attempt in the second segment, the Frenchman was also faster and was in the pole position with a margin of 0.055 seconds.
However, in the second attempt, Quartararo could not add, unlike his rivals. First, Valentino Rossi replaced him from the first line, but the Doctor was not the first to stay long, because Marquez gave a record lap time of 1.58.168 and brought the Italian 0.428 seconds. And Quartararo moved from third place at the end to Jack Miller.
From fifth place, Alex Rince will start the race at Silverstone, while the main pursuer of Marquez in the championship, Andrea Dovizioso qualified as the ninth.
Returning to service after an injury, Jorge Lorenzo showed only 21st time.
Grand Prix of Great Britain MotoGP starts on Sunday at 15:00 Moscow time.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires