Luvar rover Toyota received the nameAugust 28, 2020
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and Toyota Corporation have announced the name for the joint development of the manned lunar rover.
Thus, the promising rover will be named Lunar Cruiser.
It should be noted that the name is a reference to the SUVs of the Toyota Land Cruiser family – and this is no coincidence: the Lunar Cruiser should be as reliable as the SUVs of the Japanese automaker.
The Lunar Cruiser will receive a hydrogen fuel cell powertrain. The conversion of hydrogen into electricity, which is the power source for traction motors, occurs through an electrochemical reaction.
The presentation of the finished concept of the lunar rover from Toyota should take place in April next year. A car with a crew is going to be sent to the moon in the late 2020s and early 2030s.
In addition, it was recently noted that the updated versions of the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ will become more technological. It should be emphasized that new items should debut only after sales of current models stop.
- The dynamics of the new BMW M5 CS showed on video
- Ferrari brought the mysterious Ferrari GTC4Lusso to tests
- Cupra Formentor will receive a cyclist detection function
- Chief Process Engineer becomes the new CEO of Lotus
- Polestar releases wireless update for Polestar 2