Lotus will launch an electric hypercar for 2 million euros

Lotus will launch an electric hypercar for 2 million euros

December 6, 2018 0 By autotimesnews

Lotus is developing a new electric hypercar. The project is called Omega. It is expected that the concept of the future car will be shown next year. The serial version will debut later and will cost about 2,250,000 euros, according to Autocar.

According to unofficial data, all-wheel drive hypercar will get several electric motors. The total power of the electric power plant will exceed 1000 horsepower. Cruising at the new items will be more than 400 kilometers.

Last year, the British manufacturer of sports cars Lotus came under the control of the Chinese company Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, which also owns the Swedish brand Volvo. A Chinese company bought 51 percent of Lotus shares from Proton, a Malaysian company. The remaining 49% belong to the group Etika Automotive.

New owners must bring Lotus additional investment, which the company lacked under the previous owners. The last few years, the British have released only special versions of their three current models: Elise, Exige and Evora.

In this case, Lotus plans to develop a serial crossover, which will be the first such car in the history of the British brand. According to preliminary data, the premium compact all-terrain vehicle, which will compete with Porsche Macan, will receive an aluminum body and a Toyota engine.