Lotus changed logoAugust 21, 2019
The British company Lotus introduced its new logo. The brand icon received a simplified design and uses two colors. As Simon Claire’s marketing director for the company said, they slightly changed the original 1948 logo and added “a little lightness” to it.
The first Lotus logo was used by the company from 1948 to 1985. In 1968, the only time in the history of the company the icon was made in black and white. Later, the company decided to abandon the traditional ACBC letters (Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman) on the logo. This reduction returned to the brand nameplates in 1987.
The first car to receive the new logo was the Evija heavy-duty hypercar. Machine production will only begin next year. will begin in 2020. Cars will be assembled manually in Norfolk, England. Evija equipped with four electric motors and a battery capacity of 70 kilowatt hours. The total power of the hypercar is about 2000 horsepower. Thus, the novelty may become the most powerful serial passenger car. The maximum speed of the hypercar is over 320 km per hour. Up to “hundreds” the car will be able to accelerate in less than 3 seconds.
Later, the logo will debut on the first crossover of the brand, which will be built on a scalable SPA architecture, borrowed from the Volvo XC90 and XC60. Most likely, the car will receive a hybrid installation with the ability to recharge batteries from a household electrical outlet and will be able to move exclusively on electric traction.
Recall, the British manufacturer of sports cars Lotus came under the control of the Chinese company Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, which also owns the Swedish brand Volvo. A company from China bought 51% of Lotus shares from the Malaysian company Proton. The remaining 49% is owned by the Etika Automotive Group.
- Lego unveils toy model of Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV
- Shown the first of 19 pairs of collectible Aston Martin in honor of the 100th anniversary of Zagato
- Plymouth Prowler Roadster Transformed on New Renders
- China’s Sunra has released its first electric car i03
- NuCamp Cirrus 620 Truck Camper Touring Trailer Introduced