Look at the giant jams for ThanksgivingNovember 28, 2019
Such congestion occurs in Los Angeles from year to year: traffic on most routes is completely paralyzed
For residents of Los Angeles, the annual Thanksgiving tradition is not only a festive turkey on the table, but also standing in multi-kilometer traffic jams. However, on this day, most Americans rush to families in other states, and therefore the transport collapse is characteristic not only of this California city.
According to CNBS, in 2019, the number of people traveling from one state to another on Thanksgiving reached the mark of 55 million – this figure takes into account not only motorists, but also those who set off on trains and planes. Analysts emphasize that this is a record for the past 14 years. For comparison, in 2018 this figure was 54 million, in 2017 – 50 million, and a year earlier – 48 million.
However, the worst transport situation is in Los Angeles, which tops the list of the world’s most traffic jam cities. This year, rush hour fell between 17:00 and 19:00 – it was at this time that the largest number of cars accumulated on the 405 highway, which has six lanes in each direction.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI