Lincoln will not compete with German brandsOctober 26, 2020
Ford is not going to bring its premium brand to Europe.
As Kumar Galhotra, vice president and head of the North American branch of the Ford concern, told in an interview with the Ford Authority, the American brand Lincoln will not compete with German brands in Europe. The company has no plans to promote Lincoln in Europe to date. The company is now focused on growth both in the United States, where things are doing well this year, and on continued growth in the Middle Kingdom. These are the two main areas of luxury cars.
Lincoln is still betting on crossovers and SUVs with no plans to return to sedan production anytime soon. Galhotra said that the company monitors current trends in the car market, so if sales of sedans from competitors suddenly start to grow, then Lincoln may one day return to them. Until the end of 2020, the brand’s only sedan will be discontinued.
- Named the debut date of the new Toyota Land Cruiser
- Testing spotted a prototype electric Audi Q4 E-Tron Sportback
- Porsche began testing the “high” version of the 911 sports car
- New renders of KIA Sportage 2022 model year appeared on the web
- Work on Nikola Badger electric pickup is suspended