Lincoln MKZ’s successor may be called ZephyrApril 22, 2019
MKZ life cycle comes to an end. The company is already working on a replacement. It is assumed that for the successor of Lincoln the name Zephyr may be resurrected.
Earlier, the manufacturer announced that it intends to abandon the current policy of three-letter names. So, MKC renamed Corsair. It should be noted that the first generation MKZ was known as the Zephyr, so there is a high probability that the company will return the name to the sedan.
In addition, the new model will be built on a modular architecture with rear-wheel drive, which will be shared with Ford Explorer. Currently, Lincoln MKZ uses a front-wheel drive architecture, on the basis of which Ford Fusion is built. The new platform will expand the number of possible transmissions. The lineup will include four and six-cylinder engines, as well as a hybrid system with a V6 engine. All-wheel drive system will be offered as an option, or included in the standard equipment of expensive models.
A concept that anticipates a replacement for the Lincoln MKZ can be introduced as early as the beginning of 2020.
- Lamborghini Urus gets a new design kit
- The web remembered the undeservedly forgotten concept Shelby Cobra in 2004
- Tesla Cybertruck pickup truck made fantastic CyberCoupe coupe
- Ford shares good statistics on orders for the Bronco SUV
- Toyota GR Hilux will be a strong competitor to the new Ford Ranger Raptor