Liftback drag race: new Audi RS7 vs Mercedes-AMG GT 63 SJune 21, 2020
Carwow YouTube channel duel between the top versions of liftbacks – the new Audi RS7 Sportback fights a quarter-mile drag-and-drop Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupe. According to tradition, observers compared the acceleration dynamics “on the move” and evaluated the effectiveness of the brakes when decelerating from 113 kilometers per hour to a complete stop.
According to technical characteristics, German models are similar. The assets of the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupe are V-shaped 639-horsepower (900 Nm) “eight” with a volume of 4.0 liters. Transmission 9-speed, with a “wet” clutch, four-wheel drive. Mercedes is 55 kilograms heavier than the opponent and one and a half times more expensive: liftback will cost 145 thousand pounds.
Audi RS7 Sportback sets in motion a “biturbo-eight” of the same volume, but performance is less: 600 horsepower and 800 Nm. The thrust is transmitted through an 8-band “automatic”, a moderately hybrid system with a 48-volt starter-generator helps to save fuel. The advantage of the Audi RS7 is the price. New costs £ 97,000.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests