LG will have a car voice assistantJanuary 16, 2020
LG Electronics plans to work on a new project with Cerence. The corresponding memorandum of understanding was signed at the CES-2020 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
LG Electronics, considered one of the world’s largest manufacturers of consumer electronics and household appliances, will introduce a voice control system for cars based on the LG webOS Auto platform. Cerence Inc. will help in the development of new LG software It is known that with a new voice assistant, the driver and passengers will be able to give voice commands in order to control different functions of the car. For example, multimedia or navigation.
The necessary technology for recognizing natural speech and has Cerence. She can listen and recognize speech, even from the outside thanks to external microphones. They are going to sell ready-made software to automakers so that they integrate it into their automotive infotainment complexes.
It is noted that LG plans to actively develop the webOS Auto platform, creating new functions and services for it based on artificial intelligence.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network