Lexus will turn its attention to airplanesSeptember 23, 2019
Toyota CEO Akio Toeda says Lexus should become a brand for various types of vehicles
I must say that the company’s words do not differ from the deed, because just recently a luxury yacht under the Lexus brand was already presented. A ship, the development of which took about two and a half years, can take on board 15 people. Lexus LY 650 equipped with a power plant with two 12.8-liter Volvo Penta IPS diesel engines, available in three stages of boost: 1050, 1200 and 1350 horsepower. The yacht with the most powerful units is capable of developing 31.4 knots, which is equivalent to 58.2 km per hour.
However, the company does not want to be limited to naval conquests, and are switching to heaven. Actually, Toyota may develop a business jet, which will also be launched under the Lexus brand. “Toyota is trying to transform itself from a car company into a company that produces various types of vehicles. To add value to the Lexus brand, we must be on land, water, and in the air, ”- Akio Toeda told Cars Guide.
- Race car pilot sent the car into the air
- Drag racing: Lexus LC500 2021 vs Toyota Supra A90 2020
- Jeep returns Laredo X trim for 2021 Grand Cherokee
- Hyundai Elantra N TCR or full-fledged racing car
- Interior view: vigorous acceleration of the powerful crossover VW Tiguan R 2021