Lexus will replace the 5.0-liter engine with a new twin-turbo V8December 16, 2019
Lexus has confirmed the introduction of the new V8 dual-supercharger designed for sports and flagship cars of the Japanese brand.
Lexus is still busy developing a new twin-supercharged V8 engine that will replace the modern five-liter naturally aspirated V8. This conclusion can be drawn from the statement of the Toyota Gazoo Racing motorsport team, which affirmatively answered the question about participating in the next 24-hour marathon “24 hours of the Nurburgring” with the Lexus LC coupe.
As noted in the message, next year the team will use a number of new technologies in the race, including the absolutely unique twin-turbo V8, which will go into the installation of future road versions of the car, including sports models.
As we know, we are talking about an eight-cylinder engine with a working volume of four liters. The turbine unit will be replaced by a five-liter naturally aspirated engine with a capacity of 477 horsepower.
- Police will start sharing fines with informants
- Toyota Supra with Tesla filling in development
- Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix stopped due to terrible accident of Roman Grosjean
- Ford GT chief designer put his creation up for sale
- Hyundai and Kia fined for problem engines