Lexus will bring a futuristic concept to the Tokyo Motor ShowJuly 16, 2019
The concept, anticipating the electrification of the Lexus model range, will be presented in late October at the Tokyo Motor Show. It will demonstrate the company’s plans to distribute electrical technology throughout the company’s lineup until 2025.
So, by 2025, each model, including versions that have not yet been released, will be offered in one of the options: a hybrid, plug-in hybrid, a version on hydrogen fuel cells or a completely electric version (in total, 10 electric vehicles will be released). Proposals will probably vary depending on the needs of each market and region.
Lexus began to electrify its models in 2009, when it introduced the HS sedan. In 2011, it was joined by the CT hatchback and GS 450h sedan, after which hybrid versions were offered for many models in the Lexus lineup.
- Volvo and Geely refuse to organize a joint venture
- New Genesis eGV70 spotted in tests
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 price published
- New Hyundai Tucson crossover launched into production
- Nokian Tires completes construction of a test track in Spain