Lexus sports series founder resignsApril 5, 2020
After a 43-year contract with Toyota and Lexus, 65-year-old Yukihiko Yaguchi retires. Over the years, he has become the most famous founder of the Lexus sports F-Series.
Yukihiko Yaguchi began his career as an engineer at Toyota in 1977, after studying engineering at Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Technology. As a first assignment, he developed electrical parts for the sixth generation Toyota Crown. After that, he was able to publish projects such as noise and vibration optimization on the very first Lexus in his resume.
Being a lover of powerful cars with good handling on the road, Yaguchi was able in the mid-90s to increase the performance and quality level of cars such as Toyota Supra and Lexus SC. In 2001, the Japanese made the final transition to Lexus and became responsible for the development of the sports Lexus IS F. After 43 years, Yaguchi receives a well-deserved pension.
- The debut date of the new Haval Big Dog SUV is announced
- Bentley launched an online configurator for the Bentayga 2021 crossover
- Skoda Scala-based roadster named Slavia
- Revealed patent for supercar Lamborghini SCV12
- Chevrolet Sonic sedan and hatchback discontinued