Lexus LX will get a LX600 versionOctober 17, 2019
Lexus registered LX 600 trademark with U.S. Patent Office.
The flagship off-road Lexus LX will receive a new top-modification. The alphanumeric designation LX 600 is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which may indicate an expansion of the motor range.
Currently, Lexus is selling the LX in the USA only in the 570 version with an atmospheric 5.7-liter V8 with 383 horsepower and 546 Nm of torque. In other markets, including Russia, there is a LX 450d version with a 4.5-liter 272-horsepower diesel engine (650 Nm of torque).
If Lexus had remained faithful to the current notation, then the LX 600 should have got a 6.0-liter engine. However, neither Lexus nor Toyota has actual engines with such a displacement, and such a unit is unlikely to be released taking into account universal downsizing and the fight for the environment. Most likely, the LX 600 will receive another non-hybrid powertrain of the Toyota family, for example, a 3.5-liter twin-turbo petrol V6 with direct fuel injection, familiar from the Lexus LS 500. The power of such a motor reaches 415 horsepower, torque – 600 Nm.
According to another version, the name LX 600 is patented “in reserve” for the next generation SUV. The current Lexus LX has been produced since 2008 and rumors about the development of the third generation of SUVs are becoming more active.
It is possible that details about the Lexus LX 600 will appear next week at the Tokyo Motor Show.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system