Lexus has officially confirmed the launch of the LC convertible into productionJuly 17, 2019
The Japanese luxury brand has confirmed that in a short time the Lexus LC coupe will be complemented by an open-top version. She was recently shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. The prototype gig looked almost ready to be launched in production.
Lexus LC will be the first cabriolet in the company’s lineup in the last four years. The exact time to market is unknown. The manufacturer notes only that this will happen “in the near future.”
For the most part, the design of the Lexus LC convertible will replicate the coupe style. The main difference is the removable top. It is expected that the roof will be fabric, although the two previous convertibles – S C and SC – came with a hard top.
The technical equipment of the convertible will not differ from the coupe. Thus, he will get a 5.0-liter V8 with 471 hp. A hybrid version with a V6 engine that generates 472 hp will be available.
The cost of Lexus LC will be approximately 100,000 US dollars.
- Little-known roadster Lucra LC470 put up for auction
- Rare 47-year-old BMW Turbo will go under the hammer for $ 140,000
- First prototype battery with five minutes charge received
- Toyota Raize becomes Japan’s best-selling crossover in 2020
- Blizzard in Japan leads to large-scale accident