Legendary Mercedes 50s with AMG tuning put up for auction in JapanJanuary 4, 2019
In Japan, a very unusual 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL coupe was put up for auction. This is not a simple Gullwing, because it was finalized in AMG. Hence, the estimated price of 1.2-1.4 million dollars.
There were only 11 such Mercedes-Benz 300 SL AMGs in 1996-2000, and only two in the right-hand drive version. In appearance, this is a regular Mercedes sports car, and only 17-inch wheels with low-profile tires provide an option from AMG.
Carbon and Alcantara appeared in the interior trim, sports bucket seats, new appliances and even a steering wheel with an airbag were installed. Complete set added electric seats, air conditioning and power steering.
Under the hood is hiding a six-liter 32-valve V8, which develops 380 liters. with. and 580 Nm of torque. With a 4-speed automatic transmission, the Mercedes 300 SL develops 250 km / h.
The car received a completely new multi-link rear suspension, adjustable Bilstein shock absorbers and disc brakes from the Mercedes C36 AMG. So this Gullwing feels quite well among modern cars.
[supsystic-slider id=931 position=”center”]
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers