Legendary German autobahns may limit speedJanuary 20, 2019
Famous German autobahns without speed limits may soon turn into ordinary tracks.
Their fate depends on the German government, which may adopt new bills aimed at protecting the environment.
A specially created committee made a proposal to increase excise taxes on fuel and quotas for electric cars, so that the country could adapt to environmental requirements, which will take effect within a few years.
If Germany does not do this, the country will face huge fines from the European Union. The main goal is to reduce the amount of nitric oxide in the atmosphere, which, due to the increasing popularity of diesel cars, has not declined for decades since 1990.
Thus, the German autobahns will receive quite a ground speed limit – 130 km / h. Although these highways have always been popular with those who like to polish and squeeze the most out of their supercar. The bills are still under consideration and may receive amendments in future editions. Their adoption is expected in March.
- Lynk & Co presented the Zero concept
- Tesla shares fell after Elon Musk’s statement
- Several other Volkswagen employees accused of involvement in dieselgate
- Tesla’s network outage caused a stir among users around the world
- Rolls-Royce introduced a long wheelbase version of the Ghost