Largest electric car assembly plant to be built in Arizona desertMay 26, 2020
Company representatives said that, despite the coronavirus pandemic, all work is proceeding according to schedule.
In the desert of Arizona will build a new factory for the production of electric vehicles. We are talking about the American startup Lucid Motors, which is paid by the Saudi Arabia Investment Fund of the Saudi Arabia.
There is information that the new enterprise will reach an area of 720 thousand square meters. ft. The most important work has already been completed; equipment is currently being installed. It is 100 km from the city of Phoenix. Note that if construction is completed on time, then the first electrified models can be purchased already at the beginning of 2021.
Company representatives said that, despite the coronavirus pandemic, all work is proceeding correctly and will be completed on time. The project is valued at $ 1 billion. The company’s CEO is Peter Rawlinson, a former Tesla employee and engineer.
- Tesla will start official sales of cars in Israel in 2021
- Tesla raised prices for models S and X due to restyling
- Named the most “long-range” supercars
- New Porsche 911 GT3 was shown to journalists
- Electronic driver assistants reduce alertness on the road