Land Rover Defender V8 is being tested in EuropeMay 27, 2020
A new batch of spy shots allows you to take a fresh look at Land Rover Defender with a V8 engine.
The seen specimen shows a body in an attractive two-tone color scheme, and there is no camouflage. There is a pair of square tips on each side and a noticeably visible muffler between them. Engineers also removed the spare tire from the hatchback.
The V8 engine under the hood is still a mystery, but there are rumors of two possibilities. Jaguar Land Rover intends to use BMW power plants in some of its future models. This opens up the Defender to use the German twin-turbo 4.4-liter eight-cylinder powertrain. This unit is capable of delivering 617 horsepower (460 kilowatts) and 553 lb-ft (750 newton meters). Although you should not expect that the version in Defender will be just as powerful.
So far, spy shots show only the four-door Defender 110 as a test mule for the V8. It is not clear whether the company will offer an eight-cylinder power plant in a smaller version.
It is reported that the V8 Defender arrives at the end of 2021. We expect to see even more car spy shots before debut.
- 1991 Ford Bronco, which has not been removed from the factory film, is for sale
- A prototype of the updated Honda Accord 2021 was spotted on tests
- Hyundai will have a division to develop walking machines
- Tesla Model 3 for the police paid for itself in a year
- Chery Arrizo Star showed ample customization options