Lamborghini does not produce supercars with the “mechanics”, because it is very expensiveMarch 27, 2019
Lamborghini would like to offer its customers supercars with manual transmission, but its implementation will not pay for the development costs. Now the parent Volkswagen Group does not have a suitable powertrain.
As stated in an interview with MotorTrend, the head of Lamborghini Stefano Domenicali, the manual box that could be suitable for the Huracan has already been discontinued, and its renewal will be costly for the brand. As for the Aventador, the model is unique, and the Volkswagen Group simply does not have a transmission of this size.
Earlier, he said that the company is thinking of releasing a utility SUV in the spirit of the classic LM002. Unlike Urus, this model will be more adapted for movement on difficult terrain.
In addition, Domenicali revealed information about the fourth model of the Italian brand, which will complement the existing line-up from the “initial” Huracan, Aventador and supercross Urus. It will be a Gran Turismo class car with a 2 + 2 seating formula.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles