KTM electric superbike conceptAugust 31, 2020
More than ten years have passed since the premiere of the KTM RC8 sportbike, with which the Austrian manufacturer tried to break into the superbike market. However, sales of the motorcycle and its modifications were extremely low, although the RC8 had its strengths.
Currently, the manufacturer “Ready to Race” does not have a superbike in its lineup, although the company actively participates in Grand Prix races. The coolest offer for performance enthusiasts right now is the KTM 1290 Super Duke R streetfighter.
In light of recent Grand Prix victories, it is time for KTM to get back into the big game in the superbike market. While KTM made it clear that there would be no further development of the RC8 idea, the next step for KTM could be an electric superbike. For this reason, it is relevant to pay attention to the concept of Indian designer Mohit Solanki, who researched the idea of the KTM electric superbike.
What’s interesting about the Solanki project:
- cantilever pendulum
- subframe on which the tail, saddle and false tank are attached
- traditional suspension and braking system
- Rare blue Lancia Delta will be sold at auction
- Renault presented an electric car for its own car sharing
- Peugeot risks not returning to the American market
- Charged electric hatchback Cupra el-Born debuts in 2021
- Updated 2022 Audi S8 spotted in tests