Koenigsegg is preparing a new hypercar for a recordJanuary 13, 2020
The car will debut at the Geneva Motor Show this year. According to the developers, he will be able to set an absolute speed record.
As part of the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, a loud premiere will take place – this is a Mission 500 hypercar, which is being developed by the Swedish company Koenigsegg. The name of the car indicates that its goal is to accelerate to 500 km / h. If this can be done, then the car will become the absolute record holder and will break the Bugatti Chiron record set in September 2019. Then the Bugatti was able to accelerate to 490.484 km / h. According to TheSupercarBlog portal, the new Mission 500 is based on the Jesko car. At the same time, he will receive a completely new aerodynamics, a new engine and gearbox. However, accurate information will be known only during the official presentation. Koenigsegg Jesko is powered by a 5.0-liter twin-turbocharged engine.
If you use standard fuel, its power is 1280 hp, and when using bioethanol E85, the output of the power unit increases to 1600 hp
Koenigsegg uses unique technology in the design of gearboxes – boxes without synchronizers are installed on cars. Based on the data on the speed of a car, a robotic gearbox activates exactly the transmission that provides the best acceleration.
- Children’s Mercedes-Benz G-Class 6×6 in an external frame
- See how the 1400-horsepower Dodge Viper accidentally set a speed record
- 106-year-old American returned Cadillac Eldorado stolen from him
- US police spend money from fines for the purchase of Ford Mustang
- Bentley called the new Flying Spur’s cabin “the most difficult in history”