Koenigsegg Gemera for the American market will not receive camerasMarch 14, 2020
The Koenigsegg Gemera hybrid hypercar has cameras in place of the exterior mirrors, while for the United States, the Swedish manufacturer will have to make concessions.
The debut in the history of the Swedish brand 4-seater car in the spirit of the time acquired cameras instead of standard rear-view mirrors. The model will be released in the amount of 300 units, however, for hypercars in the US car market, brand specialists will be forced to slightly modernize their design.
The fact is that according to the Federal Safety Standard TC No. 111, all cars in America must have exterior mirrors.
According to Motor Trend, the new version in the US will acquire traditional mirrors for this reason. However, the automaker in any case expresses the hope that by the year 2022, the year the family hypercar starts selling, the US government is already certifying cars that have cameras in place of mirrors.
- BMW officially confirmed the release of the BMW i4M in 2021
- BMW to start production of battery modules in 2021
- New Maserati Grecale SUV showed on renders
- BMW unveils new superbike BMW M 1000 RR
- Volvo electric cars will be built on the new Geely platform