Koenigsegg Gemera for the American market will not receive camerasMarch 14, 2020
The Koenigsegg Gemera hybrid hypercar has cameras in place of the exterior mirrors, while for the United States, the Swedish manufacturer will have to make concessions.
The debut in the history of the Swedish brand 4-seater car in the spirit of the time acquired cameras instead of standard rear-view mirrors. The model will be released in the amount of 300 units, however, for hypercars in the US car market, brand specialists will be forced to slightly modernize their design.
The fact is that according to the Federal Safety Standard TC No. 111, all cars in America must have exterior mirrors.
According to Motor Trend, the new version in the US will acquire traditional mirrors for this reason. However, the automaker in any case expresses the hope that by the year 2022, the year the family hypercar starts selling, the US government is already certifying cars that have cameras in place of mirrors.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production