Kia will suspend production at four plantsApril 24, 2020
The Korean automaker is forced to slow down production to the point that several plants stop completely due to falling demand for cars.
According to the agency Yonhap, the South Korean concern Kia Motors will have to suspend the production of cars at 4 out of 9 of its enterprises in the Republic of Korea. It is noted that the main reason for this was the drop in demand in the world market due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, conveyors will be stopped in the city of Gwangmyeon south of Seoul from April 27 to May 8, and then again from May 22 to May 25. In addition, two factories in Gwangju will stop. The employees of one of them will not go to work from April 27 to May 8, and the other from April 27 to 29. This will allow us to normalize the volume of production of new machines and adapt to market demand.
It is worth noting that the Idian, American and Mexican industries have already suspended the assembly of cars. Hyundai Motor, with which Kia Motors is affiliated, will have to take similar measures. Hyundai will introduce downtime in most of its workshops from April 30 to May 5. She has already suspended operations in factories in the United States, India and Brazil.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles