Kia will present 16 electrified models within 6 yearsOctober 8, 2019
Not all of the 16 electrified models will be completely new, as some will receive only an update and an expanded motor range.
The South Korean automaker has long been present in the electric car segment and is stepping up its efforts in developing this area. This is despite the fact that the company has recently experienced a decline in sales throughout Europe. It is reported that Kia’s plans include launching next year 5 electric vehicles, 5 hybrids, 5 hybrid models with a plug-in module and one model for hydrogen fuel cells.
Late last month, Kia Europe’s chief operating officer Emilio Herrera said in an interview that the production of two new electrified models of the company, the XCeed and Ceed hybrids, will begin in November at a plant in the Slovak city of Zilina. In addition, Kia will launch a soft-hybrid version of the Ceed hatchback in November.
In the world of SUVs, Kia will start selling the new Sorrento in hybrid and PlugIn-Hybrid versions from 2020, before introducing its fully-electric Imagine by Kia concept, which is ready for mass production.
- Compact crossover Nissan Magnite enters the global market
- Audi from 2026 will completely abandon the internal combustion engine and switch to the production of electric cars
- Tuned Porsche 911 GT2 becomes the world’s fastest street car at the Nurburgring
- Hongqi’s new 5m E-QM5 electric sedan unveiled
- Aston Martin unveils a special Vantage roadster to celebrate the A3’s 100th anniversary