KIA temporarily stops the release of PicantoApril 7, 2020
At South Korean Kia plants, work is suspended for a week. The decline in demand for compact cars in Europe due to the coronavirus is the main culprit.
A Donghee Auto spokesman in charge of the production of Kia Picanto will stop working until April 13th. This was reported by news agency Reuters. Two compact KIAs are being built at the South Korean plant: Picanto and Ray.
Three quarters of Picanto are for the European market; Kia Ray is shipped exclusively to South Korea. About 200,000 Picanto are built each year. The engine block supplier for two Kia models also temporarily shuts down. Hyundai Wai will stop production of tires at its factory in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, from April 6 to 9.
- Revealed cross-coupe Audi Q5 Sportback
- Porsche tests refreshed Cayman GT4 RS at the Nurburgring
- Hear the new BMW M4 Competition growl menacingly
- Photos of restyled Genesis G70 with unusual red interior appeared on the network
- Tesla sues Donald Trump administration