KIA temporarily stops the release of PicantoApril 7, 2020
At South Korean Kia plants, work is suspended for a week. The decline in demand for compact cars in Europe due to the coronavirus is the main culprit.
A Donghee Auto spokesman in charge of the production of Kia Picanto will stop working until April 13th. This was reported by news agency Reuters. Two compact KIAs are being built at the South Korean plant: Picanto and Ray.
Three quarters of Picanto are for the European market; Kia Ray is shipped exclusively to South Korea. About 200,000 Picanto are built each year. The engine block supplier for two Kia models also temporarily shuts down. Hyundai Wai will stop production of tires at its factory in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, from April 6 to 9.
- Bill Gates doesn’t believe in electric cars
- Two Lamborghini Sian hybrid supercars arrive in London
- Peugeot introduced the updated crossovers Peugeot 3008 and 5008
- SSC Tuatara hypercar sets new world speed record
- Diesel cars will disappear before gasoline ones