KIA Sportage became the bestseller of the company in 2018January 3, 2019
January is usually the month of debriefing for the past year. Automakers look and check how successful their investments, plans and strategies were in the past year.
KIA was the fastest and was the first to publish sales data for 2018 already on January 2, 2019. The South Korean brand reports that in 2018 it was able to sell 2,812,200 vehicles. This number includes passenger and commercial models. Despite the fact that the company was expecting a greater growth, the figures still increased by 2.4% compared to 2017.
KIA analysts believe that 2019 will also show sales growth and brand popularity. According to the plans for 2019, it is planned to sell at least 2,920,000 vehicles worldwide, which will be an increase of about 4% compared to 2018.
The best-selling model was the Sportage crossover, which managed to be implemented in 501,367 copies. In second place was the model Kio Rio (also known as K2 or Pride), sold in the amount of 355,852 units. In third place was the Forte sedan (K3), sold in the amount of 328,504 copies.
KIA’s goal for 2019 is very real. In the near future will be presented several new products, including the Palisade crossover.
- Car companies experienced a sharp drop in sales
- Tesla will accelerate the acceleration of its electric cars for $ 2,000
- One of 15 Porsche sports cars will be sold at auction for 280,000 euros
- Chinese Qoros to bring “prophetic” concept to Beijing
- Hyundai Tucson crossover will become a hallmark for the brand