KIA sends for repair more than 200 thousand of its cars in the USAFebruary 25, 2020
A detected defect can lead to very negative consequences: the risk of engine fire increases.
The Korean automaker is conducting a large-scale service campaign in the United States, which included 228,000 KIA Sorento crossovers and Sedona minivans. About this writes the portal Car and Driver. It is known that Sedona cars that came off the assembly line from 2006 to 2010, as well as Sorento, released from 2007 to 2009, are subject to recall. The reason for the recall lies in the ABS control unit: moisture can get into the anti-lock system, which is fraught with a short circuit in the wiring of the car.
Cars are not insured against short circuit even when the engine is switched off.
Owners of “problematic” cars will begin to be notified of the need to deliver their cars for repair in April 2020. In the meantime, the automaker recommends that owners of cars that come under review should park their vehicles away from other cars and buildings.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily