Kia Optima Hybrid debut spy photos appear onlineOctober 12, 2019
On the Internet, they published fresh pictures of the new generation of the hybrid version of the Kia Optima / Kia K5 under the name JL3.
In the current period, it is known that the novelty motor has certain problems, and R&D specialists are working to eliminate them before the start of mass production.
According to the source, the Kia brand is now going to completely abandon the option 7 Dual Clutch Transmission on the Optima model, and from now on, an 8-speed automatic transmission will work together with a 1.6-liter engine, and an 8-speed with a 2.5-liter engine wet clutch gearbox. A four-wheel drive variation is still under development.
It is also noted that now the AWD and 2.5T option will return to production at least until the first half of next year.
Another important piece of news that came to light was the final impact on the Gamma2 1.6T powerplant. So, the engine will have a performance of 178 horsepower.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily