Kia is testing the all-new Optima in California. The machine has a nameplate K5May 9, 2020
On tests, a completely new generation of the mid-size Kia Optima sedan was noticed. On the back of the novelty was the K5 nameplate – that is how the car will be called around the world.
Last year, it became known that the leadership of the Kia campaign decided to rename its mid-size model Optima – the stylish sedan will now be called the K5, and in absolutely all markets. This fact is confirmed by numerous patent applications for the registration of this trademark worldwide.
Now we have photos of the updated South Korean news, on the back of which the updated name flaunts.
Discovered in the state of California (USA), the new Kia Optima was spotted with a K5 badge on the back. The car, which already has a California license plate, received a spectacular blue body color, which we saw on official images of the sedan in a recent press release of the company.
Kia Optima, or K5, is due to debut in North America this year, although due to the coronavirus pandemic, deadlines may be delayed. Nevertheless, expect that the sedan will look identical to its counterpart intended for the domestic market of Korea – the car was introduced last year.
It is known that the Kia Optima / K5 2021 model year will receive a base 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with a capacity of 178 horsepower (265 Nm), as well as a 2.5-liter turbocharged engine rated at 286 hp. (422 Nm).
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system