Kia electric crossover coupe details revealedAugust 4, 2020
The Korean company will release a coupe-like crossover next year.
In 2021, Kia will unveil a new electric coupe-like crossover, one of the first to receive the brand’s fresh design, which was unveiled at the Futuron and Imagine concept cars. On the eve of the network appeared renderings of the new model, as well as some technical details about the model.
The new Kia will be based on the -GMP (Electric-Global Modular Platform) platform, on which other electric cars of the brand will also be based in the future. According to unconfirmed information, the new electric car will receive one or two engines powered by a rechargeable battery with a capacity of 75-100 kW / h. The cruising range on a single charge will exceed 500 kilometers. It takes 20-30 minutes to quickly charge the battery.
It is also expected that the compact model will receive a second-level semi-autonomous driving system. Thus, the cross-coupe will be equipped with active cruise control with a lane center hold function. The rivals of the model are Tesla Model Y, Skoda Enyaq and Volkswagen ID.4.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry