Joan Zarko signed a contract with Avintia DucatiDecember 7, 2019
French rider Joan Zarko will continue his career at MotoGP as part of the Avintia Racing private team.
Last season turned out to be difficult and at the same time eventful for the two-time Moto2 champion. After two-thirds of the championship, Zarko left KTM, and a month later he replaced Takaaki Nakagami in the Honda LCR and soon became one of the main candidates for the replacement of Jorge Lorenzo in the Honda factory team.
But in the end, Mark Marquez’s new partner was his younger brother Alex, and Zarko himself received an invitation to Avintia. Initially, he said that it would be better to return to Moto2 than to speak for the team, which took the last, 11th place in the team event. But after several weeks of negotiations, an agreement was reached.
“I signed the contract not with Avintia, but with Ducati,” Zarko said in an interview with Moto Journal. “My goal for the 2020 season is to regularly finish in the top ten, to be somewhere close to the top 7 and in 2021 to get a factory motorcycle at their disposal.”
Official confirmation from Avintia and Ducati has not yet been received.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles