Jenson Button wins The-Race All-Star Legends Cup raceApril 12, 2020
2009 Formula 1 World Champion Jenson Button wins the The-Race All-Star virtual series Legend Cup race.
The race took place on the Sebring circuit in RFactor2. The Briton, speaking at the 1974 McLaren M23 in the colors of BrawnGP, started from the pole position and confidently led all five laps of the race. At the finish, he was 2.5 seconds ahead of another former Formula 1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya. Third place went to three-time World Touring Champion Andy Priaulx.
Thanks to the victory, the Button earned 10 thousand dollars. The British racer will transfer this money to the fund for assistance to victims of domestic violence.
Former IndyCar racer Brian Herta finished fourth, and David Brabham, son of three-time Formula 1 champion Jack Brabham, finished fifth. In sixth place from the 20th position at the start, the world champion of Formula 1 1997, Jacques Villeneuve, made his way.
- Two-storey motorhome announced in China
- Volkswagen begins deliveries of the new Taos to the USA
- BMW has announced a car with an innovative battery
- Stellantis presented four new platforms for electric cars
- McLaren sells its Woking headquarters for £ 170m