Jeep sends for repair more than 33 thousand SUVs and pickupsMarch 13, 2020
So far, the service promotion applies to brand cars sold in the United States.
Jeep cars have come under review in the home market. According to the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the recall campaign will affect over 33,000 SUVs and pickups with a manual gearbox. These are Wrangler SUVs (29,818 cars) that rolled off the assembly line from 2018 to 2020, as well as Gladiator pickups (3,419 cars), released this year. The reason for the recall was the risk of fire due to the clutch temperature, which on “problem” cars rises to the level of 1,100 degrees Celsius.
This defect became known on February 13, when the clutch disc was overheated from friction. The result was a breakdown of the box body. After detecting this malfunction, engineers of the American brand conducted a series of tests, confirming the risk of fire.
Now, Jeep has suspended sales of cars that have already reached dealerships, and also announced a revocable campaign. It starts on April 22nd. In the meantime, the automaker recommends that car owners stop and exit the car if they lose traction or smoke smell.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station