Jeep Cherokee called “the best choice in terms of security”September 17, 2019
For the first time in many years, the US Highway Insurance Institute (IIHS) recognized Cherokee’s high level of safety, confirming its opinion with a Top Safety Pick rating.
It still does not meet the top safety rating “Top Safety Pick +”, however, the current version behaves better than the previous one, despite the fact that the predecessor was tested by less stringent standards. Moreover, this is the highest rating for models from the Jeep line after Compass 2017.
IIHS notes that although “earlier Cherokee models earned only minimal grades in a punch test with a small overlap area on the driver’s side and were never evaluated in the scenario from impacts on the passenger side,” Jeep refined the 2019 version. The front pillars, the hinges of the front door, the door sills and the driver’s seat belt have been improved “to provide better protection in moderate to small areas of overlap”.
The safety rating “Top Safety Pick” applies only to the 2019 Cherokee, which has been launching since April and is equipped with an automatic high beam, optionally available.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors