Jeep Cherokee called “the best choice in terms of security”September 17, 2019
For the first time in many years, the US Highway Insurance Institute (IIHS) recognized Cherokee’s high level of safety, confirming its opinion with a Top Safety Pick rating.
It still does not meet the top safety rating “Top Safety Pick +”, however, the current version behaves better than the previous one, despite the fact that the predecessor was tested by less stringent standards. Moreover, this is the highest rating for models from the Jeep line after Compass 2017.
IIHS notes that although “earlier Cherokee models earned only minimal grades in a punch test with a small overlap area on the driver’s side and were never evaluated in the scenario from impacts on the passenger side,” Jeep refined the 2019 version. The front pillars, the hinges of the front door, the door sills and the driver’s seat belt have been improved “to provide better protection in moderate to small areas of overlap”.
The safety rating “Top Safety Pick” applies only to the 2019 Cherokee, which has been launching since April and is equipped with an automatic high beam, optionally available.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US