Jeep announces updated CompassMay 29, 2020
Jeep Compass was completely new for the 2017 model year, which means that it is approaching the middle of the update cycle. The European branch of the company showed a teaser, from which it became clear that the Compass update would be presented on June 4.
The Jeep teaser does not show us what we should expect, but we can make a few assumptions. The honeycomb grille design looks about the same as the current Compass grille design. The silver edging is also not new, so in fact the visual effects here do not reveal anything new.
The car is powered today by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 180 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque. Jeep has officially announced that Compass will get a plug-in hybrid option. We know that the PHEV will be powered by a 1.3-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine in combination with an electric motor for a total capacity of 240 horsepower.
Jeep showed us its line of future 4xe PHEVs at CES earlier this year. In addition to a possible electrified transmission, Compass could get a slightly updated interior.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production