JCW will be turned into a separate brandOctober 29, 2020
About this with reference to its own sources in the company Mini reports the publication Auto Express.
Mini intends to turn the John Cooper Works brand into a sub-brand for performance electric models, according to published figures. It is noted that JCW currently accounts for less than 5% of Mini’s sales.
The brand management plans to take the John Copper Works brand to a whole new level, when cars with such a nameplate will be perceived not as a “charged” Mini hatchback, but as independent car models. By the way, it is possible that a completely unique model will be released under this name.
The first electric vehicles under the JCW name are expected to hit the market no earlier than 2024. These models will be electrified versions of the three main Mini models. Then the release of their own car is planned, which has nothing to do with the parent brand.
- Volkswagen may change head
- Features of the new Honda Civic Type R 2022
- Toyota officially unveils second-generation hydrogen-powered Mirai sedan
- Bentley unveils new tweed trim
- Cupra will build a yacht on the Volkswagen electric platform