Jake Hughes brought the HWA debut pole in Formula 3, Schwartzman thirdJune 22, 2019
The driver of the German HWA team Jake Hughes surprised fans and experts by winning the qualifications of the French Formula 3 stage after an extremely nondescript performance in Barcelona.
During the short half-hour session, the pilots managed to remove almost two seconds from the time of free practice – the condition of the track improved so much. Hughes showed a good pace and held the fifth line for a long time, but fired only after the checkered flag. The Briton showed a time of 1.49,519, 0.087 seconds faster than setting the tone of the qualification of Jehan Daruvala from Prema.
The holder of pole position in Barcelona, Robert Schwartzman, this time was only third with a lag behind Hughes in 0.239 seconds. Next to him starts another surprise racer – Pedro Piquet from the Trident team, who, like Hughes, did not score any points at the first stage. The third Prema of Marcus Armstrong on the grid will be located immediately behind the Russian.
- An updated crossover BMW X2 without camouflage was spotted on tests
- Hyundai Santa Cruz went to test again
- BMW introduced the updated 4 Series convertible
- 2021 Geely Preface flagship sedan unveiled in Beijing
- Songsan Summer copies the classic Volkswagen T1 minibus