Jaguar will go all electricFebruary 15, 2021
Jaguar Land Rover executives said future Jaguar models will be built exclusively on electric architecture.
The historic brand, renowned for its high-performance sports cars, will be fully electric from 2025 to “realize its unique potential”. This was announced by Jaguar Land Rover CEO Thierry Ballor during an online presentation on Monday.
The move is part of a plan to turn Jaguar Land Rover into a zero-carbon business by 2039, as automakers around the world strive to produce vehicles with clean energy. Jaguar currently sells its only all-electric vehicle, the I-Pace crossover.
JLR says sister brand Land Rover will receive its first all-electric model in 2024. In addition, JLR will ditch diesel engines, Bollor said.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts