Jaguar Land Rover is working on a hydrogen SUVJune 29, 2020
Car powered by hydrogen fuel cells is still far from the popularity of electric cars. However, many automakers are actively developing in this promising area.
One of the companies that appreciated the benefits of hydrogen cars is Jaguar Land Rover. She announced that she was starting work on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, and the first would be an SUV. This information is shared by autoexpress.co.uk, noting that the efforts of JLR have received widespread support from the private and public sectors.
So, the program in question is funded by the government – the amount of investment reaches 73.5 million pounds (or $ 90 million). It aims to reduce CO2 emissions into the environment. While working on a new technology known as Project Zeus, JLR collaborates with a number of companies that specialize in alternative fuels.
The project itself is designed for several years: at this time, its participants will analyze, evaluate and develop hydrogen technologies.
For JLR, the result of this collaboration will be a prototype of a premium zero-emissions SUV. Hydrogen SUV will support the function of fast charging, have a long range and excellent off-road potential.
Meanwhile, Mercedes-Benz, on the contrary, abandoned hydrogen cars. So, the German auto giant is going to stop the production of the hydrogen crossover GLC F-Cell.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system