Italian car market hit record low in AprilMay 18, 2020
The main reason was strict quarantine, because of which all the salons of official dealers were closed.
Specialists of the analytics and statistics shared data on sales of new cars in Italy for April this year. Last month, residents of Italy purchased 4,279 new cars, which is 97.6% lower than a year earlier for the same period. Thus, April 2020 was for the Italian market almost the worst in history. If we talk about the most popular brands, the leader is the local Fiat, whose official dealers managed to sell 969 cars, which is 96.7% worse than last year’s figure for the same period.
French Peugeot is on the second position with the result of 477 sold cars (-95.3%). Another representative of the French automobile industry Renault receives the Bronze rating – 452 residents of Italy (-95.2%) opted for this brand of cars. The American Jeep took fourth place with a result of 395 cars sold (-94%).
The French brand Citroen / DS complements TOP-5, whose cars in Italy sold 323 copies (-96.3%).
In the first four months, 351,611 new cars were sold in Italy, which is 50.1% worse than last year’s figure for the same period.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires